Saturday, August 13, 2011

Walking in a Wedding Wonderland

Today's the big day! Well, sort of. Today (as you are reading this).IS the big day, but I am writing this on Thursday, as I'm pretty certain I'll be a little busy on that day. So, back to "today."

Today is my sister's wedding. I couldn't be more proud of her and happy for her. I am honored to be a part of her day as the matron of honor and hope that I can do that bustle justice. Through the past few months, I have tried my best to "be there" for my sister in much the same way that she has always been there for me. She is my best and oldest friend. I am happy to see the happiness that she and Chris bring to each other and to others whenever they enter a room. Chris is a lucky guy. And Sheila's lucky too. For one thing, the initial for her last name doesn't change. So any monogrammed items can stay monogrammed. Imagine the ease. I, for one, can speak to the last name loveliness that my sister is entering into. But that's not all. She also, this day, joins with a husband who loves her more than I can say. Which, clearly, is a lot.

Tomorrow, you all get to read my speech, you lucky people, you. And one day, I'll recap today, but for now you can expect some pre-scheduled posts for a bit. Enjoy!

1 comment:

MB said...

Love. Congrats to Sheila! She is also lucky to have such a great sis!