Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary

My husband, Jeff, and I celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary today. But, we really celebrated Monday night...because we weren't sure today was going to "work out". It turned out to be a PERFECT last minute date night. I called my mom on Monday afternoon, and fortunately she was ready, willing, and able (and understanding of our last minute-ness) to watch Cece that night so we could dine out on the town. Utilizing Open Table always gives me the opportunity to search for an open table (get it?) somewhere we have been before and loved OR discover a new, great place. And that is what we did on this particular occasion. We had thought about going to a Mexican place called Tortuga something (not really something, just can't think of the rest of the name) in Lambertville, or maybe back to Lovin' Oven in Frenchtown, but Tortugas isn't open on Mondays, which made me remember that lots of restaurants choose Monday as their day off. So, to OT I went. I found a place that sounded good to me (beachy), checked the menu (looked amazing), and a nice location (New Hope).

We both had excellent meals with just right portions and, thanks to a Monday night 25% off everything special (every week - I definitely suggest checking them out on a Monday night!) a just right price too. It didn't hurt that, as it turned out, a friend's husband was tending bar. So, where were we? The Sand Bar, residing at 90 South Main Street (former home of the cleverly named 90 Main) in New Hope, PA.

To start, we ordered Spicy Tuna Nachos, which were AWESOME! They weren't what you would normally picture for nachos, but that turned out good since we could actually eat our meals without rolling out the door. Also, they weren't too spicy. I ordered the Avocado, Mango, and Lump Crab Salad, which was presented artfully. I felt like I should have taken a picture, but it looked so good that I dug right in (in a very lady-like manner, of course). Jeff ordered a Cuban Turkey Burger and cleaned his plate. I got a taste of the Chipotle Mayo which was delish. Where can one go about getting/making chipotle mayo? Thoughts? Though the desserts looked amazing, we wanted to try out a place Jeff's mom had mentioned called Blue Penguin.

Blue Penguin is, basically, a Build Your Own Frozen Yogurt Sundae shop. You pay by weight and can choose from an incredible variety of flavors and toppings. For example, I mixed Red Velvet Cake, Cake Batter, and Godiva Chocolate, and added berries, granola, and lots of other (less healthy, so I won't brag about them on the Internet) goodies. Also, if you friend them or like them on Facebook, you get $1 off. I know this because the young gentleman in front of us in line said so. So I (wink, wink) was also a FB friend of the Blue Penguin. Don't worry, I definitely will be soon. And you should too.

To finish off the perfect anniversary date night, we strolled across the Delaware River to Lambertville.

www.sandbarnewhope.com

http://www.facebook.com/BluePenguinYogurt

Bonus day date today! Unexpectedly, we were able to go out to family lunch (Cece crashed the party) and went to Lunch at Ted's Montana Grill. This is where we went for our very first post-baby anniversary date lunch in 2009. That time, it was just the two of us, but this was pretty good too. Now, I think I've actually blogged about Ted's before, but just in case, here's a second time. Ted's Montana Grill might sound like a place that is not up my alley. But sometimes beef/bison joints will surprise you by making all their burger options available as a veggie burger, or by having Eco-friendly straws, or natural borax soap, or recycled paper table covers, or corn based to-go cups, or something like that. Sometimes meat eaters will surprise you. It's the little things.

http://www.tedsmontanagrill.com/eco.html

And, speaking of the little things...it's the little things that make for a great marriage. Thank you, Jeff, for all the little things along the way. I love you more today than yesterday and I'll love you a little more tomorrow. Thank you for making this life together with me. I love you.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!! XO Also, I love New Hope and haven't been in a while and now I totally want to go try the Sandbar!! Thanks for sharing!