Thursday, August 13, 2009

Predictability

Cecelia seems to have settled into a routine of sorts. I'm trying to keep track to see if I can rely on this bit of information to plan when she'll need to eat and when I might sneak away from home base on occasion. I do realize that even if there is a routine now it's likely to change and I'm not naive enough to think that this is it. Yesterday, before I thought there was a routine, I was tutoring and ended up feeding Cecelia for an hour and a half or so at my tutor-ee's house. Patience isn't exactly a newborn's virtue of choice. Fortunately the family was very open to having me stay a bit longer than our scheduled time. And if this routine does continue, I can plan better for just such an occasion. Cecelia also ate in her Ergo Carrier at the farm, so it's not as if we have to be home to eat, but it would be good to know when to expect the demanding, high throttle cry. I've heard that babies sometimes settle into a more predictable routine around 4 weeks and Tuesday was when this began to be noticeably similar - how about that?

No comments: