Wednesday, August 5, 2009

B.I.B. and the B.C.


Jeff asked an interesting question the other day...does the word bib stand for anything? I don't really know the answer, but it came up because we have begun using the bib and the burp cloth all the time. Cecelia has many talents and one of them is spitting up. She tends to do it after feeding and then just as soon as the bib and/or burp cloth are removed from the area best suited for catching such fluids. I was reading in Dr. Sears' The Baby Book about spitting up. He indicates that most babies share some of each meal with their parents after eating and it's more of a laundry problem than a medical problem. We received many bibs and burp cloths as gifts for baby and to be completely honest, I thought there were far more than we really needed and planned to return some. I had some misguided notion that we wouldn't really need bibs until she was eating solids and dribbling carrots and banana down her front. Little did I know what our darling had in store for us. Fortunately I didn't get around to returning anything quite yet, because we will most certainly use them...all of them.

No comments: