Friday, August 28, 2009

The Not So Smart Phone

A little over a year ago, I purchased a "Smart Phone" the Palm Treo from Verizon.  Yesterday, I found out it was pulled from shelves and marked down significantly (which is why I bought it) because of major glitches.  Now, I've had trouble with it before (freezing up, slow to catch on to the buttons I'm pushing, not responding to the buttons I'm pushing, etc), but yesterday was a whole new low.  Yesterday it started shutting off and turning on and it wouldn't stop.  I tried to take the battery out and put it back in as this had worked in the past.  No luck.  I went to the Verizon store since I happened to be in the mall at the time that this occurred.  There they informed me that they would have to do a hard reset which would result in the loss of all contacts, calendar items, and other information stored on the phone.  Seeing no other option, that is what happened.  I have become much too dependent on technology as now I have no one's contact information, and no idea when my daughter's doctor's appointment is - fortunately Jeff has that (the appointment, not all the contacts) saved in his phone too.  I need to return to pencil and paper.  Ugh.  

No comments: