Monday, August 17, 2009

Hypothesis

Conducting an experiment with a baby is tricky. Cecelia seemed to be gassy and spitty-uppy after eating, but not all the time, so I was trying to figure out if there was anything I was consistently ingesting that would result in this behavior, but I changed two things and now I don't know if both contributed to the change or just one and now I don't want to mess with a good thing while it's working. 1) I cut out juice (and soda... though I wasn't having soda often). 2) If Cecelia is still crying (before I thought it was all gas) I offer for her to continue eating...no matter how long she's already been eating. Before I thought this would make her spit up, now I think she spits up less...still spits up though, but there's less painful sounding crying, I think. It's a good thing I'm not a scientist because the idea of a control group is laughable.

No comments: