Monday, June 15, 2009

Braxton Hicks...I think

Braxton Hicks Contractions are a tricky, tricky thing. I think I started experiencing them during/after my doctor's visit on Friday. Though, since she mentioned contractions, it could also be a psycho-somatic thing that I've invented in my mind. Either way, I definitely haven't had the real deal that start from the top and push down. What I've felt has been a low dull pain resembling cramps, which is what I've been told it feels like in the beginning. Also, they don't persist or get more intense. I think I need to hydrate better. This could be unavoidable, but some people experience Braxton Hicks Contractions because they are slightly dehydrated, so bring on the water (but not the kind that breaks yet, please).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, Ellen, does this mean you are ready for the nasties of how you know it's the real deal ... sounds like your water should break but if it doesn't there are some other signals that it's the real thing. Lemme know if you want the gory details!

Wendy

Ellen Zschunke said...

I think I'm following what you're saying and informed about all such intricacies - however, you can always feel free to email me through Facebook with your gory details experience - probably don't want to post it here for ALL the world. I'll email you with my preparations in this area beyond what you're reading :)