Thursday, February 5, 2009

Parabens


I'm in the midst of reading "Green Babies, Sage Moms" and chapter two is dedicated to cosmetics and skin care products. I nearly skipped it because I really don't wear makeup...at all. I'm glad that I didn't. The major focus was in regard to parabens and their inclusion in many skin care and cosmetics products. Parabens are proven carcinogens and their levels are not regulated in products. This morning, I went through my cabinets to read the ingredients of different "product" in my own home. I was happy to discover that my "Kiss My Face" products were paraben free, but other items did contain parabens. One of those items was my leave in conditioner...just goes to show. Read the small print. And be informed. If there are any other huge revelations, I'll share them in future posts.

No comments: