Monday, January 25, 2010

To (fu) Night

So far, Cece's had cereal, veggies (carrots), fruit (apple), and now...protein.  Protein in the form of tofu.  When she was born, people asked if she would be raised vegetarian, and I wasn't all too sure.  I'm still not sure, but I read that tofu is one of the great first foods because it takes on the taste of whatever it is mixed with and even by itself, babies enjoy the bland taste and it can make a great finger food.  I'm not sure Cece loved it, but I guess we'll see as time goes on.  I feel like this is some sort of religious choice - like I'm raising her in many different faiths so that she can choose for herself when she's old enough.  Only it's food - if she wants a burger later, I'm sure she'll let us know.  Jeff joked before that one day she'll hear about these "Happy Meals" and be all upset with us for keeping this whole other world from her.  Hopefully all her meals will be "happy."

No comments: