Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Faux Meat

In our veg household, I've recently tried some recipes I'd been wanting to try for quite a while. Cheez-"steaks" and "Chicken" Paninis were both great successes. We had an encore of Sloppy Joe that was delicious, and tofu tacos are always a treat. Interestingly, I didn't like cheesesteaks when I ate meat. The real ones. And I live near Philadelphia, so that statement is akin to blasphemy. But I didn't. However, veg cheesesteaks made with Morning Star Farms bacon were delicious. I like to "surprise" Jeff. He asks what we're eating for dinner. I tell him it's a surprise. He doesn't like that. And then he does. Each time, he tells me I should have made two sandwiches for him. After cheesesteaks, he wanted to know what it was supposed to be. I asked him to tell me what it was most like. He guessed right! These new recipes were all a success. Most came from the Skinny B in the Kitch recipe book. The B rhymes with Kitch in case I've just confused anyone. I don't condone the title, but I do condone the recipes.

No comments: