Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tea Time

You may remember that back on February 2nd, I blogged about Cece imitating putting contacts into her eyes.

Cece has an awesome Madeline picnic basket tea set that we got for a great deal at the Cozy Tots consignment sale in Bryn Athyn. It happens twice a year, in the spring and the fall, though I hear that this year's "fall" sale is happening in August, so be on the lookout for that! Anyway, it has ceramic cups, plates, a teapot, sugar pot, and creamer, as well as sets of forks, knives, and spoons. It is adorable. What may be even more adorable is Cece's recent use of the set.

Here's a blast from the not too distant (therefore I can actually remember it!) past. On June 8th, Jeff sent me the following text message:

Cecelia was playing with her tea set. She was using the teapot as a neti pot. Then she would blow her nose. (oh! I almost forgot - there is also a picnic blanket and cloth napkins!)

So, in addition to the daily task of putting in my contacts, I try to make it a daily task to use the neti pot. And someone's been noticing!

Update: since June 8th, Cece has broken the teapot that came with the set. But, one of her birthday presents (probably not with this use intended) was a tea set with a talking tea pot that also makes sounds like it's pouring.

No comments: