Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Age: 52 Weeks

Wow, that was fast...too fast.  Internet connectivity is better these days in our house, so I promise a super duper 1st birthday post tomorrow that will probably make me cry...a lot.  I do that these days, but probably not as much as I did a year ago.  It's just heavy, this parenting stuff.  And when you take a step back and look at this absolutely amazing and perfect child that we've created, it's hard not to shed some happy tears.  So, here's our last weekly photo.  Perhaps year two will involve monthly photos, perhaps not...who knows what the future will bring.  Enjoy!  - Ellen

I am one busy chica these days.  I began taking steps.  I would sit down as soon as I realized it was happening, but now I'm stringing those steps together into real walking, without holding onto anything.  I still prefer to crawl most of the time if I really want to get somewhere quickly, but a day is coming when that will no longer be the case.  Look out!  I've also mastered the up portion of stair climbing.  Down is a smidge more tricky and mom's heart might give out if she keeps letting me "practice".  Countdown to cake - my party is this Saturday!!!  - Cecelia

No comments: