Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Spoke Too Soon

Evidently I'm no different than other pregnant women. Nausea - all day, every day. Looking at food, thinking about food, preparing food, trying to eat food - yuck. I now understand why many pregnant women scoff at the adjective "morning" before sickness. I'm feeling terribly sorry for myself and I'm not sure why - I know this is all part of the process. I am amused at how much enjoyment others get out of my feeling not well. "Well, that's a good thing!" Yes - I get it...now I'm "really" pregnant. Last night, I watched my husband thoroughly enjoying the dinner I prepared - a meal I normally enjoy just as voraciously. I was jealous. You never do appreciate what you've got until it's gone - in this case my appetite. With all that said, I haven't thrown up, so that's a plus. Of course, now that I've said that - I will. Just wait. I'm also highly emotional, mostly in regard to what a wonderful husband I have. I mean this sincerely. I realize it could come off sounding quite sarcastic. He's great. The best! I don't know that I could do it quite as well. I just love him so much for being so wonderful. I'm starting to tear up now just thinking about it. Did I mention I'm emotional?

No comments: