Friday, August 8, 2008

Alcatraz (Can I Escape onto it??)

Chickity, chick, chick, check!
Well, sort of...in order to actually visit Alcatraz, you need to book a reservation on the ferry at least two weeks ahead of time. Let this be a lesson to you all as I did NOT know this. However, we booked three AMAZING alternative excursions that I am looking forward to. In my quest to now stay up (we just got back from the JJ concert and I have to pu my mama at 5 in the am) I will tell you about them and catch up on other online escapades. We will be going on a day sail of the San Francisco Bay which will feature as a view Alcatraz on Friday. On Friday night we'll be going to the US Air Guitar Championships. I do not think it's just a coincidence that this momentous event is taking place on the same evening as the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. I'm pretty sure (jk) that the USOC is considering Air Guitar as a sport in the future Olympics. On Saturday, we'll be going on a bus trip to Muir Woods and up the Sausalito coast. I cannot wait to see some redwoods. I hear they're sort of impressive. Saturday night, we'll probably do dinner in Chinatown and on Sunday we're going on a bus tour and ferry tour of the city and the bay...again to feature a look-sie at Alcatraz.

On a side note, after some investigation it appears that I will not have access to the internet and thus not to voting at my fine establishment The Saint Paul Hotel (hostel, hotel...you know). So, I am encouraging you all the more to continue to vote in my absence. I will be leaving my computer and Jeff will vote doubly hard throughout the weekend, but regardless - more is better!

No comments: