Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Philosophical Toaster Pastry

This quote was found on the bottom of a box of toaster pastries (fancy name for organic pop tarts) in our house:

"A tree is known by its fruit;
a man by his deeds.
A good deed is never lost;
he who sows courtesy reaps friendship,
and he who plants kindness gathers love."
~St. Basil (329-379)

Now, I realize that in St. Basil's time there was awfully little gender equality, so I'll let that issue go. Besides that, I LOVE this quote and the wisdom of its words. I also love finding nuggets of inspiration around my home in hidden corners, like the pantry. April is National Poetry Month. And National School Library Month as well. Celebrate both. Visit your library and find inspiration all around you.

Cross posted at http://ontheshelf4kids.blogspot.com

No comments: