Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vegas Bound (A little late...)

Last month...let's start there...it's been awhile.  But anyway, last month Jeff and I went on a trip to Las Vegas.  I had two days off of school bordering a weekend, making for the opportunity for a 4 day trip and I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity.  Cecelia stayed with my mom and we had prepared her with one night visits to make sure she was comfortable staying overnight without us.  She was.  We left early on Thursday morning and arrived in Las Vegas before lunch time (I love when time changes work in your advantage).  On our flight out, I was seated next to a husband and wife who live (literally) around the corner from the house I grew up in, and the husband grew up on the same street as me.  Small world!

We stayed at Mandalay Bay, and it was pretty amazing!  We ate lunch at the place Jeff had raved about from his previous trip, Raffles.  For whatever reason, from his descriptions (and I recently found out I was not alone in this interpretation) I had pictured Raffles as a diner.  It wasn't!  It was quite nice.  But, in hindsight, I should have stuck to the more diner-esque menu items.  I branched out and was a little disappointed, but you live and learn.

In the afternoon, we explored Mandalay Bay and rested by the pool and lazy river (the real reasons we had chosen to stay there).  Ironically, Jeff had been to Mandalay Bay before and hadn't realized there was a lazy river.  They had been too "lazy" (pun intended) to walk a little further to the right and discover it.

More about the night in a bit.
I'll post a little from our trip each day to prolong the fun.

No comments: