Wednesday, October 14, 2009

With a Little Help From My Friends

Cecelia's friend, Dorian, has been in the hospital for close to a month now. He's only a few weeks older than Cecelia and I simply cannot imagine being in the same position that my friend, Janina, is in right now. While we have, unfortunately, had a similar experience when my husband, Jeff, was in the ICU and Moss Rehab for Guillan-Barre Syndrome three years ago, there was a diagnosis and an end in sight. My hope for Dorian, Janina, and her family is for just that - a diagnosis and a course of treatment that will bring about positive results. I was able to visit with Janina on Monday and am amazed by her strength and perspective during this difficult time. She sees that this is part of Dorian's story and I know that it will only be one part of Dorian's story. Colleagues have come together to brainstorm and enact ways to help Dorian and his family during this trying time. If you are interested in learning more about Dorian's story, please visit Janina's Carepage. If you are interested in learning more about how you can help, please email me and I'll send ideas that may be pertinent to your situation and/or information on upcoming fundraising events.

No comments: