Sunday, August 10, 2014

Happy Anniversary

Tomorrow marks 8 years since Jeff and I were married.  He said something to me once that I was thinking about today.  A few years ago, he said something funny to the effect of being just as great as he was on the day we were married.  I replied no...he's even better.  



We were married at 25 and we were both very different people than we are today. 

 


We are both stronger and healthier, physically and mentally than we were at 25, more selfless as parents than we ever could have previously imagined, but also selfishly, we pursue interests that are unique to us as individuals and value those pursuits in each other, expressing interest and supporting each other.  We take time for ourselves as individuals, ourselves as a couple and our family as a whole.  We have cultivated strong friendships that I can only hope continue to thrive along with our marriage.  




Jeff makes me laugh every day.  And anyone who knows me well knows that I love to laugh.  I make him laugh sometimes too.  Jeff never wavers in his affections and I like to think our children will grow up in a home brimming over with love, witnessing that love isn't always easy, but it's always worth it.  Jeff, I love you more than all the stars in the sky.  Remember, there is no plan B.  You're stuck with me.  Happy Anniversary!



No comments: