Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stage 5 Clinger

Having absolutely nothing to do with the title, this is my 600th post on this blog. Just noticed that on my dashboard. But anywho...

Cecelia has always been quite independent. In the past she would refuse a hand hold shaking you back as if to say, "Mother, I do NOT want everyone knowing you are with me. How embarrassing! Of course I can cross this parking lot/ street by myself.". Don't worry, I still grabbed her sleeve. She would socialize with any/everyone and requested new acquaintances and strangers to pick her up if, for example, she wanted to see something on their level. In the morning when I left for work she would dismiss me with a wave. I knew that it was natural and normal for 18 months to mark a new phase of separation anxiety, but it's funny to watch your child progress through drastically different and distinct phases. But progress she does.

Cecelia's still fine with me leaving altogether, ironically, but if we are in the same place and it is more crowded, new to her, she takes some time to warm up and likes to snuggle or burrow her head into my legs holding on tight. But, ever the flirt, she's still quite happy to peek out and give a huge, squeezy, squinty smile to those nearby. And, quite frankly and a little selfishly, snuggles are always welcome.

No comments: